天译时代
  1楼 个性首页 | 信息 | 搜索 | 邮箱 | 主页 | UC

加好友 发短信
等级:论坛游民 帖子:33 积分:686 威望:0 精华:0 注册:2017/5/20 15:39:00
文学作品翻译:何其芳《雨前》  发帖心情 Post By:2018/9/11 10:08:00

何其芳 《雨前》

最后的鸽群带着低弱的笛声在微风里划一个圈子后,也消失了。也许是误认这灰暗的凄冷的天空为夜色的来袭,或是也预感到风雨的将至,遂过早地飞回它们温暖的木舍。

几天的阳光在柳条上撤下的一抹嫩绿,被尘土埋掩得有憔悴色了,是需要一次洗涤。还有干裂的大地和树根也早已期待着雨。雨却迟疑着。

我怀想着故乡的雷声和雨声。那隆隆的有力的搏击,从山谷返响到山谷,仿佛春之芽就从冻土里震动,惊醒,而怒茁出来。细草样柔的雨丝又以温存之手抚摸它,使它簇生油绿的枝叶而开出红色的花。这些怀想如乡愁一样萦绕得使我忧郁了。我心里的气候也和这北方大陆一样缺少雨量,一滴温柔的泪在我枯涩的眼里,如迟疑在这阴沉的天空里的雨点,久不落下。

白色的鸭也似有一点烦躁了,有不洁的颜色的都市的河沟里传出它们焦急的叫声。有的还未厌倦那船一样的徐徐的划行。有的却倒插它们的长颈在水里,红色的蹼趾伸在尾后,不停地扑击着水以支持身体的平衡。不知是在寻找沟底的细微食物,还是贪那深深的水里的寒冷。

有几个已上岸了。在柳树下来回地作绅士的散步,舒息划行的疲劳。然后参差地站着,用嘴细细地抚理它们遍体白色的羽毛,间或又摇动身子或扑展着阔翅,使那缀在羽毛间的水珠坠落。一个已修饰完毕的,弯曲它的颈到背上,长长的红嘴藏没在翅膀里,静静合上它白色的茸毛间的小黑眼,仿佛准备睡眠。可怜的小动物,你就是这样做你的梦吗?

我想起故乡放雏鸭的人了。一大群鹅黄色的雏鸭游牧在溪流间。清浅的水,两岸青青的草,一根长长的竹竿在牧人的手里。他的小队伍是多么欢欣地发出啾啁声,又多么驯服地随着他的竿头越过一个田野又一个山坡!夜来了,帐幕似的竹篷撑在地上,就是他的家。但这是怎样辽远的想象啊!在这多尘土的国度里,我仅只希望听见一点树叶上的雨声。一点雨声的幽凉滴到我憔悴的梦,也许会长成一树圆圆的绿阴来覆荫我自己。

我仰起头。天空低垂如灰色雾幕,落下一些寒冷的碎屑到我脸上。一只远来的鹰隼仿佛带着愤怒,对这沉重的天色的愤怒,平张的双翅不动地从天空斜插下,几乎触到河沟对岸的土阜,而又鼓扑着双翅,作出猛烈的声响腾上了。那样巨大的翅使我惊异。我看见了它两胁间斑白的羽毛。

接着听见了它有力的鸣声,如同一个巨大的心的呼号,或是在黑暗里寻找伴侣的叫唤。

然而雨还是没有来。

Before the Rain
He Qifang

Having made thelast circle in the breeze, the lastof the pigeons disappeared with a faintwhistle.Perhaps they mistakingly thought the dark and coldsky to be thecoming dim light of night, or perhapsthey predicted the coming wind and rain;thus they flew to their warm wooden nest ratherearly.

A plaster ofsoft green cast on the willow branches after several days of sunlight nowhadbecome somewhat withered under the dust. It was in great need of a wash. Andthe cracked,parched earth and tree roots had long been waiting for rain. Butstill the rain was slow incoming.

I thought of thesound of thunder and rain in my home village. The violent rumblingthunderclapsechoed from valley to valley. It seemed as if spring shoots were shaken,awakenedand broke out slender green from the frozen earth. The sound of therain as soft and thin asgrass fondled them with gentle hands, making themshoot up in clusters of glossy dark greenbranches that waved their blossomingred flowers. This feeling of nostalgia hovered about me,making me feelmelancholy in my heart. The weather in my heart felt just like the immenselandin the north that was also lacking rain. A soft tear drop hesitated beforefalling from my dulland heavy eyes just like the rain paused in the gloomysky.

The white duckslooked a bit agitated, for their anxious cries came from ditches in thecitywhich had become contaminated and changed colour. Some were not weary,paddlingslowly along like boats; others were putting their long necks into water,stretching theirred webbed toes behind and constantly stroking the water tokeep their bodies balanced. Idon't know whether they were searching for smallbits of food at the bottom or just lingering inthe coolness of the waterbelow.

Some had climbedon to the banks and were walking back and forth under a willow tree justlikesome gentlemen relieving their fatigue of paddling. Then they stood thereirregularly,pluming their feathers carefully with their beaks. Sometimes, theyswung their bodies orstretched their broad wings out to shake off the waterdrops in their feathers. One of them hadfinished the pluming, curling its neckupon the back with its long red beak buried within its wingand little eyes(which were among the fine white soft hair) closed, as if it were going tosleep.Poor small animal, are you dreaming in this way?

Thus I recalledthe duckling tenders in my home village. A great swarm of yellowishcraneducklings floated in the streams, the shallow blue water beneath, the greengrass on bothbanks, and the long bamboo pole in the hands of the tender. Howmerrily when his small armywas chirping and how timidly when it was passing byone field to another hill slope! When thenight fell, a tent-like bamboo coverwas erected on the ground as his home. But how far awaythese images appeared!In this dusty land I could only hope for a bit rain pattering on thetreeleaves. Here the coolness of a drop of rain dripping into my anxious dreamswould grow into a round and shady tree to cover myself.

Lifting my head,I saw the sky hung like a grey curtain of mist, and some chips of coldnessfellupon my face. An eagle from afar kept on flying down with its wings inclined,as if it wereexpressing its angry feeling against the heavy weather. When it nearlytouched the earth on theother bank of the ditch, and then shaking its wingsviolently, it soared high. Its two huge wingsmade me surprised, for underwhich I saw its greyish feathers.

Then I heard itsvigorous cry, just like the cry of a big heart or a call in search ofitscompanion in the dark.

But still therain was late in coming.

支持(0中立(0反对(0单帖管理 | 引用 | 回复 回到顶部

返回版面帖子列表

文学作品翻译:何其芳《雨前》

签名